Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wordless Wednesday...or not

Well I don't have a picture to post yet.  I need to let my camera charge. But we had an AWESOME time at my son's first major league ball game at Yankee Stadium.  He was so into it, clapping, chanting, dancing and even figuring out the pragmatic language (like why when the pitcher named Joba (prounanced Jabba as in Jabba the Hut) would get Star Wars like graphics on the big screen when he struck someone out.)

It was a great game, even better now that my son knows more about the game.

He did AWESOME on the overly crowded subway, even when it got loud. I asked him if he needed to cover his ears, he said no because it was Yankee talk, and that's okay.  :) He was thrilled when another subway rider who was also a Yankee fan offered him a piece of gum. (his weakness) even better when I said it was okay.

My flavor loving child was thrilled when I said yes to the order of garlic fries (and they did not dissapoint). 

I think his biggest thrill was not how awesome our seats were, but when I adjusted the resolution on my camera so we could take photos of the field. Then zoom in. He got great shots of his idol...Derek Jeter.

The bus ride back from the city was filled with Yankee facts ascertained from his prized souvenier...a Yankee program magazine.

Once my camera charges I'll post a pic or two of my thrilled child at Yankee Stadium, or at least one of the photos he took.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through a comment you left on another blog. Glad you had a good time with your son.

    ReplyDelete