For months now my aunt keeps telling me how much I suck. When her father (my grandfather) died she broke her lease and then moved into her mother's house with her son. (Who was about the same age as my son when my father died) She kept telling me if I am a good person I'd move into my mother's house.
A few problems there:
- Unlike my aunt, I own my home.
- I don't like the school district in the neighboring town, I've fought long & hard with my current district.
- I don't really WANT to live with my mother again.
- My mother doesn't really want me to move in, but we'd both make it work if it was necessary.
- The real estate market is in the toilet.
- There have been many issues with my siblings over the years. Compounded by the fact that I am the only one who didn't move out of NJ. So of course my mom knows my son best, because she sees him all the time. I could just hear the nasty remarks now if we moved in with my mom!!! (Would you believe my one psycho sister actually told me that I;ve "had mommy long enough" and that I need to tell her to move by my sister in VA or the mutants in GA. (My mom doesn't WANT to move out of state.. She doesn't like GA. And she doesn't like my BIL in VA(
So anyhow my one sister has flown in for her "annual" visit (one that often costs my mom big bucks that she doesn't have). She calls my mom occasionally during the year but never helps out with money, solid advice, or anything else. My grandmother basically declared my son and I chopped liver last night because "your mother is all alone" and "thank God you're here (little sister) because no one helps your mother and no one stays with her." Huh? My sister sleeps until noon (she is on CA time). She's not as bad as my other sister who takes my mother's car and leaves her stranded. Shopping is a hobby rather than a necessity for her, my mom usually buys things with her that she can't afford.
On the good side...I kept my mouth shut. Amazing how she gives $100 to my cousin & his wife (who bought a second home out of state 8hrs away and make more money than I have in 10 years) and as usual I get a sneer. "Because they may need something on the drive to their beach house." Yeah okay. Thanks for passive-aggressively calling me chopped liver to my face.
Best part is my aunt will claim that my mother tells her and my grandmother how rotten I am. When I ask my mother she tell me she says no such thing and if anything she tells them how grateful she is to have us nearby. We help each other out financially and emotionally.
So Merry firggin' Christmas to you all!
Santa didn't leave too much last night. He forgot the stocking stuffers in my trunk. Left the presents at my mother's house. But left a little red bag with coal next to my son. My son was very excite when he opened the red bag. He said "cool, I LOVE rocks!" My son is such a nerdy, geek like me. Our next quest this AM is to look up coal on the internet and find it's chemical properties.
Oh, and revenge will be sweet. I purposely didn't buy nosy toys for my nephew & niece. So what does my cousin give my son a friggen Bop-It with no off button! I told my nephew to make sure he wakes up Mom & Dad with his drum (from last Christmas) at 3AM this morning. (He's 2 so I'm not sure if he followed through with his promise). But next round of birthdays & Christmas, his son & daughter will be sure to get the most obnoxious, loud no-off-button toys (age appropriate of course) that my son & I can find.
Anyone have suggestions?